Cloud Computing for Healthcare!
Meaningful information for healthcare decisionmakers available 24/7!
- Low Hanging Fruit will collect and analyze surgical case information using several proprietary algorithms and then generate reports back to 9 different user groups in formats tailored to their needs.
- Our software can show a comparison of hospital expenditures and report on the overall effect of hospital and surgeon decisions.
- Our software can compare surgeon buying practices both within the hospital and within the region.
- Low Hanging Fruit helps a hospital manage to Medicare reimbursements.
- Trends in virtually every area are tracked and reported with possible problem areas flagged and the appropriate users alerted.
- This is the only consultation system available that can offer real-time reporting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Additionally, this program offers an ongoing report on performance rather than traditional consulting that provides a snapshot in time view of performance.
The old adage, “if you can’t count it, you can’t manage it” is certainly true. At lhfruit.com, the “fruit score” emerged as a way to count and measure a decision maker’s spending related to reimbursement. The “fruit score” is the sum of the physician preference items, divided by reimbursements and shown as a percentage. This ratio can be recorded, adjusted as each new case is done, and compared provider to provider or hospital to hospital. Trends can be followed so adjustments can be made. If the fruit score ratio goes up, it infers that the costs of delivering that care has gone up. If the ratio goes down, the cost of delivering that care has gone down.
By the way, the fruits selected tend to be the “low hanging fruits”. The low hanging fruits are those PPI’s – usually the more expensive ones with wide price variation – that offer the greatest potential for adjustment and savings. The fruit score is one of the central features of lhfruit.com and can be useful to follow many high volume procedures in orthopedics, neurology, cardiology and other specialties.
Low Hanging Fruit’s mission is to empower physicians and hospitals with the information necessary to drive down or maintain costs, while still providing excellent patient care. This product is timely and offers hospitals a helping hand in capturing the greatest potential profits in key service lines.